Eligibility: Must be a full-time student with a minimum of 12 twelve units and work no more than sixteen (16) hours per week. During Summer and/or Winter break, the Intern may work additional hours if available.
The duration of this Internship is indefinite, but must not exceed 1,000 hours. The Intern will be assigned to the Laboratory Department located at 11 Reservation Road, Marina,
Job Assignment: The Intern will assist MCWD staff with administrative tasks in support of the Laboratory department. The ideal candidate should have an interest in chemistry, and environmental sciences with the following skills and abilities:
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
- Coursework in organic chemistry, microbiology, and lab experience.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Possess/maintain a valid California Class C Driver’s License, and a satisfactory driving history as substantiated by the California State Department of Motor Vehicles.
To Apply: The application process is open until the position is filled. For an employment application, please visit www.mcwd.org. To apply, please submit a completed application to e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Marina Coast Water District, Human Resources, 11 Reservation Rd., Marina, CA 93933. In addition to a completed District application, please submit a typed paragraph stating why you want to work here and why you are the most qualified candidate for this opportunity.