Marina Coast Water District will reopen its customer service with limited hours to the public beginning Monday, June 15th. The District will be taking enhanced precautions and following the Monterey County Health Departments advisories and regulations. Along with the reduced hours, customers will be required to go through a Covid-19 screening prior to entering. As with many facilities, customers will be required to answer a few brief Covid-19 questions and go through a quick temperature screening process prior to entering the facility. Per Monterey County orders, face coverings are required for anyone entering the facility. Please see the following schedule for hours of operation:
- 11 Reservation Road Office — Will open to temporarily reduced hours of 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Thursday. The office will remain closed to the public on Friday's. Staff will continue to be available via telephone during their normal business hours of 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- 2840 4th Avenue Office — Will remain closed to the public until further notice but staff will continue to be available via telephone during their normal business hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Although we will be open to the public during reduced hours, we are asking our customers to please limit in-person visits to our office and encourage our customers to use alternative means for service if possible. Please read below for alternative means for service.
TO PAY YOUR BILL:
- Online — Payments can be made at: https://www.mcwd.org/customer_service_payments.html
- Phone — You can make a payment over the phone, 24 hours a day with our automated payment system. Have your water and financial account numbers handy and you can make payment with Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover. Call (831) 384-6131, Press 1, to access this service. If paying by cash, please contact Customer Service for information.
- Drop Box — The District offers a drop box location at our headquarters office at 11 Reservation Road, near the front entrance. All payments dropped into the box are picked up by 8:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Please include your account number and check made out to Marina Coast Water District.
TO START/STOP WATER SERVICE:
Call the District's Customer Service Department at (831) 384-6131, Press 2, during normal business hours. Business hours are 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM at the District's Reservation Road office, and 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM at the District's Ord Office.
A message from the Marina Coast Water District regarding COVID-19 and your water
We would like to reassure you that there is no indication that transmission of COVID-19 can occur via drinking water supplies, and we do not anticipate any current scenario that would interrupt water availability to our community.
We are committed to ensuring your water quality and water reliability because we know you depend upon it every day. MCWD's drinking water is safe to drink, surpasses all drinking water standards, and we monitor water quality on a continual basis to ensure your water always meet standards. Also, as a routine precaution, the District chlorinates its drinking water and maintains a safe disinfection residual in the system to ensure protection against viruses and bacteria.
At this time, we are asking our customers to please limit in-person visits to our office and to pay bills by phone or mail until further notice We're sorry for this inconvenience but believe it to be a prudent precautionary measure that helps ensure our employees remain healthy and at work.
Additional information is available on the CDC website,
Keith Van Der Maaten
Marina Coast Water District